Tuesday 23 January 2018

Goals and life overhaul.



















Hi Everyone, I hope you are having a great week so far.

I am always setting goals, challenges and tasks for myself. I have mentioned before I like to set challenges to keep me motivated to reach goals.

Many of my goals are long term and I often get disheartened or demotivated and I find making smaller goals work well in keeping me focused.

I started a "boot camp" of sorts at the start of the 2016 summer holidays. I upped my food management and activity levels and did an overhaul in many areas of my life that I needed changes in - My Weight and Physical health, Emotional and Mental health, Spiritual Wellbeing, Relationships (God, Hubby, Kids, Family and Friends), Marriage, Parenting, Ministry, Business and others - a real life overhaul.

I did not know how much of a change that would make but wow!!

By the end of October, my life was almost unrecognisable. We left our church, I lost another chunk of weight and dropped a couple dress sizes, Hubby and I had a sparkle... I started Therapy and made so many changes with my emotional, mental and behavioural wellbeing, my mindset had a huge shift and I cannot actually put into words how different I actually feel inside.


I have to admit that will all those changes came some negative backlash. We faced a difficult time as a family and I personally went through sheer..... well I was gonna say hell but it sounds dramatic.... let's just say sheer sunken blackness.... still dramatic but you get my drift.

My character was put to the test, slander and lies were commonplace but I thank God we came through stronger as individuals and as a family,


Looking forward I am as determined to make changes as I was before the summer. I love the person I am becoming.... that takes much for me to say as I have been living in the shadow of my better self for so long, I know who I want to be but She always seems to be far beyond my reach, now I can see her getting closer every day.

I have started another set of Therapy sessions which are more intense and look more at thought processes and "unpacking" the root causes of behaviours, anxieties and moods. It is quite hard too be completely honest and part of me wants to fight it and stay in my clouded state but I have to push through if change is to truly happen.

My weight continues to be a major goal and I am so glad that the changes I have made to not only my food intake but also my eating patterns continue and the pounds are going. 

I didn't achieve my business goals but it's a new year and I'm rearing to go.

I will post more about specific goals and areas of my life in later posts to keep me on track and to share my journey.

Id love to hear what goals and changes you have for the upcoming year and beyond. Let's motivate each other xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment :)